Governance & Board of Directors
We are governed by a Board of voluntary non-executive Directors. None of our Directors receive payment of any kind for their service to the Irish Hospice Foundation. We value their expertise and guidance.
Our Board meets 5 times a year and is advised by its own permanent sub-committees which are made up of Board members, IHF executives and, on occasion, external members:
- Finance Sub-Committee (which has oversight on all salaries)
- Policy Sub-Committee
- Strategy and Innovation Sub-Committee
- Audit, Risk and Governance Sub-Committee
Expert committees are set up from time to time to advise on specific matters.
Our Current Board of Directors
- Tony Condon – Director of Development at UCD College of Business & Law
- Denis Doherty – Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and former CEO of two health boards
- Mary Harney – Former Minister for Health
- Vivienne Jupp – Former Partner at Accenture
- Jean McKiernan (Chairperson) – Background in financial services (formerly of KPMG)
- Geoff Moore – Partner at Arthur Cox
- Jim Rhatigan – Head of Therapy and Social Care Services at Milford Care Centre Limerick