Level 2 Bereavement Support
Level 2 Bereavement Support provides the person who is bereaved with an opportunity to reflect in a focussed way on their experience of loss. This support is generally provided by volunteers who themselves have been bereaved and have had specialised training in bereavement support.
Level 2 bereavement support can be provided on a one to one basis or in groups and is used for both adults and children.
Level 2 Bereavement Support Services
There are several organisations you may wish to contact:
- If you have been bereaved through a hospice death, it is likely that a bereavement support service will be available in the hospice. Contact the hospice where the death occurred.
- If you have been bereaved through an acute hospital, the hospital may provide bereavement support. Contact the hospital social work department or chaplaincy service.
- The Bereavement Counselling Service (tel. 01-8391766) offers a volunteer-led bereavement support service that operates Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Bereaved parents can contact Anam Cara (tel. 0- 4045378). They provide peer support to bereaved parents and children and maintain online bereavement support forums.
- If you have been bereaved through suicide you can contact Pieta House (tel. 1800 247 247).
- If you feel you need immediate support, contact The Samaritans 116 123 (Free Call). They offer a 24-hour call line.