Summer Raffle 2017
Support our Summer Raffle and help raise essential funds for our free and critical Nurses for Night Care ServiceNurses for Night Care Service helps to fill this crucial gap by allowing people suffering from illnesses other than cancer to die in peace and in comfort of their own home surrounded by their family and friends. The service is there for all. It's for elderly people. It's for people facing end of life in the prime of life. It's for children and babies with illnesses that have no cure.
The average nightly cost for nurses in 2016 was €320. We funded 2,027 nights at a total cost of €649,171 for 600 patients last year.The demand for our Night Care Nurses is rising every year but our funds to pay for it are at breaking point. The cost this year will be €800,000 and this is why we are reaching out to the Irish people as we are determined to keep the service available and free of charge despite the funding crisis we’re battling.
Our 2017 Summer Raffle will raise essential funds for this much needed Nurses for Night Care Service
- Each ticket costs €3
- Fabulous prizes are up for grabs:
- 1st prize is a Fly Cruise Holiday for 2 with MSC Cruises, sponsored by Click & Go
- 2nd prize is a 5* European City Break for 2, sponsored by Click & Go
- 3rd prize is a Weekend Break for 2 at The Intercontinental Hotel in Dublin, sponsored by The Intercontinental
- Seller's prize is a €500 M&S Voucher sponsored by Marks & Spencer
- Closing date is Tuesday, 27th June 2017
- Draw takes place on Friday, 30th June 2017
If you would you like to get involved and sell raffle tickets on behalf of The Irish Hospice Foundation, please telephone the Raffle Hotline: 1850 211 861.Every euro makes a difference and we only ask that you just do your best to encourage your family and friends to buy as many tickets as possible. Your support will help people die in peace and dignity in the comfort of their own home.
Winners will be announced in the Evening Herald and on this website.