Why we need your support
The Irish Hospice Foundation is your national charity dedicated to all matters relating to dying, death and bereavement in Ireland. We receive no core funding from the State. We rely on your generosity and support to keep our services going.
We’re working hard on your behalf for the best end-of-life care and bereavement support for all. The problem is, this is not available for everyone, when they need it, where they need it.
With your help we can change that.
WE SPECIFICALLY NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO:
- fund 85% of the country’s Children’s Palliative Care Programme. This includes five outreach nurses and Ireland’s only Paediatric Consultant with a Special Interest in Paediatric Palliative Care.
- train over 3,000 people each year in delivering improvements in end-of-life care.
- raise almost €500,000 annually to fund our Nurses for Night Care Service.
- transform hospital rooms, mortuaries and family rooms in hospitals through our Hospice Friendly Hospitals Programme.
- promote excellence in end-of-life care for people living with dementia.
- support local hospice services in Ireland through the IHF grants programme and organising Sunflower Days andIreland’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
- actively promote discussion of a broad range of issues related to dying, death