Palliative Approach for People with Dementia workshopOn May 27th 2016, an interdisciplinary research workshop in dementia was held. The workshop, which was funded by the Irish Research Council, gathered practitioners, patient/carer representatives and researchers from across disciplines to focus on key aspects of palliative care research and promote interdisciplinary research in the area. The video link to the workshop, which includes the presentations from all speakers as well as the open discussions, is available here.
Useful links for dementia resources
- The Alzheimer Society of Ireland - A national organisation providing for services which aim to maximise the quality of life of people with dementia and their carers.
- Genio Dementia Research Resources are available here.
- Freedem films - A series of 10 creative films that aim to tackle the stigma and fear associated with the diagnosis of dementia in Ireland within our current society.
- My Dementia - Dementia Research Education Advocacy in Motion (D.R.E.A.M.) is a national non-profit / charitable movement run by people with dementia for people with dementia.
- The "Let Me Decide" Pilot Implementation project reports on an Irish Hospice Foundation funded project on the implementation of an advance care directive and a general palliative care educational programme on end-of-life care in a long-term care setting. The executive summary of the report is available here.
- Dying Matters - UK organisation promoting awareness and positive attitudes towards dying, death and bereavement.
- Dementia voice nurses providing specialised end-of-life care - Explores the specialised support offered by Dementia Voice nurses in three areas of England.
Grief and Dementia leafletsThe Alzheimer's Society of Ireland in collaboration with the Irish Hospice Foundation has developed three leaflets for families coping with dementia.
Still Kathy Videos
|Kathy Ryan, a woman who is living with young onset dementia, has made a series of short videos with The Irish Hospice Foundation about her experiences of living with dementia. The videos are aimed at people with dementia, family carers and healthcare professionals.|
There are 5 clips which outline:
There is also series of 5 shorter clips outlining communication tips and strategies.
All of these clips are available on our YouTubeChannel.
For more information contact [email protected]