About Hospice Friendly Hospitals
Hospice Friendly Hospitals Programme
The Hospice Friendly Hospitals Programme is an initiative of the Irish Hospice Foundation, in partnership with the Health Service Executive.
It was established in 2007 and seeks to ensure that end-of-life, palliative and bereavement care are central to the everyday business of hospitals.
The work of the programme involves:
- Coordinating the networks for hospital staff to promote improvements in end-of-life care that are free of charge for attendees. These networks are:
- Advocating for investment in palliative, end-of-life and bereavement care services at the hospital, hospital group and national level
- Developing and promoting the use of ceremonial resources for end-of-life care
- Developing and promoting educational supports for all hospital staff
- Coordinating the Design & Dignity Project to transform the way hospital spaces are designed
- Providing expert advice and guidance to hospital staff to support the implementation of the Hospice Friendly Hospitals Programme in their hospitals
Sign Up To Our Mailing List
To join our mailing list contact us at [email protected]