The Department of Health has published a draft general scheme for Advance Healthcare Directives which will be included in the Assisted Decision-Making (Capacity) Bill 2013.
This means that the government proposes to introduce legislation to enable an adult with capacity to make a legally binding Advance Healthcare Directive and refuse any form of treatment up to and including life-sustaining treatment.
What Can I Do?
1. You can learn more about Advance Healthcare Directives here >>>
2. See the photographs from our Public Meeting on Advance Healthcare Directives that took place on Thursday, February 27 below:
3. Listen to some of the speakers at our Public Meeting
- Chief Bioethics Officer with the Department of Health, Dr Siobhán O'Sullivan
- The views of those who attended the meeting
Tags: AdvanceCarePlanning, AdvanceHealthcareDirectives, ThinkAhead