Legal and Financial
Recording your legal and financial information
In these sections of the Think Ahead form, you will record key legal and financial information.
Legal (Section 3)
In this section of the form you can record information about your legal affairs. For example:
- Will — Have you made a will and if so, who is the executor?
- Succession Act — If you do not make a will, the provisions of the Succession Act 1965 will decide how your possessions are distributed.
- Power of attorney — Have you appointed a power of attorney?
Financial (Section 4)
In order to make it easier for your family or next of kin to arrange your financial affairs after your death, this section allows you to record the following details, where relevant to you:
- Bank accounts
- Insurance information
- Life assurance
- Credit cards
- Mortgage documents / house deeds
- Other financial assets / debts
Disclaimer; The Think Ahead Form was created by the Irish Hospice Foundation in good faith for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. The information contained in this form may be time sensitive and is subject to change without notice due to changes in legislation. Every effort has been made to assure the correctness of all information contained in the form at the time of publication. As a result older versions of the form may be out of date. If in doubt, please contact The Irish Hospice Foundation or your solicitor for specific legal advice on a particular matter.