As part of its mission to support the development of hospice/palliative care, the Irish Hospice Foundation operates a number of grant schemes. These grants offer development opportunities to those who provide or who work in hospice/palliative care services - and to others - in line with the Foundation’s strategic plan.
GRANT SCHEMES A-E
- A. Development activities - (by Annual call and once off grants)
- Dementia Grant Call November 2015
- For information on how to apply click here
- For application form click here
Additional details on education funding HERE >>>
- D. Hardship fund. A small fund which may be accessed by hospice/palliative care professionals on behalf of patients and their families who may be undergoing severe financial hardship as a result of life-limiting illness. Note that only once-off expenses are considered, and applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis. A telephone enquiry is recommended in the first instance.
Scheme A : Development activities in hospice/palliative care
Grants under this scheme are aimed at assisting development initiatives which reflect national policy at each of the three levels of palliative care. Note that capital development is excluded. Applications must demonstrate rigour and sound evaluation, and applicants are reminded that the emphasis must be clearly on the development of services. Research applications will not be accepted.
This scheme is open to clinicians, other professionals and/or managers in hospice/palliative care in Ireland. While it is also open to applicants from outside the field of specialist palliative care, a link to a palliative care service provider must be demonstrated - for example, applications in relation to such areas as heart failure, dementia, etc. are welcome, but will require a co-applicant from within specialist palliative care.
Details of grants awarded previously under Scheme A
2016 grant recipients - see HERE
2015 grant recipients - see HERE
2014 grant recipients - see HERE
2013 grant recipients - see HERE
2012 grant recipients - see HERE
Grant Application forms
Download the relevant documents:
IHF Grant Scheme A - Annual Call 2015 - APPLICATION FORM
IHF Grant Scheme A - Annual Call 2015 - GUIDANCE SHEET
Funding for Night Nursing
For information on funding for night nursing for patients who are in the final phase of illness other than cancer and are being cared for at home, please click here
. Note that only a palliative care professional (generally a palliative home care nurse) may apply for this funding on behalf of a patient or family. The patient must already be under the care of a palliative home care service
. A similar service is funded and provided by the Irish Cancer Society for patients with cancer.