**Development Officer – Healthcare Programmes **Expired**
**APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE NOW CLOSED **
Development Officer – Job Purpose
The successful applicant will have a background in health and/or social sciences and experience working in the health sector. The purpose of the role is to support and develop projects and programmes linked to responsibilities of the Head of Healthcare Programmes, with specific emphasis on Hospice Friendly Hospital Programme.
- Proven service development, quality improvement initiatives and project management skills (at least two years’ experience)
- Thorough understanding of the relevance of palliative care for adults and children with life limiting disease and appreciation of the issues related to dying, death and bereavement
- Knowledge and familiarity of the relevant HSE clinical care programmes, acute, residential and primary care health structures, professional organisations and patient groups which are instrumental in the delivery of services for people with life limiting disease
- Excellent oral and written communications, and presentation skills
- Background in health and/or social sciences and experience working in health sector would be desirable
- Identify opportunities for development, dissemination and capacity building as indicated by the IHF Strategic Plan, and specifically relating to IHF Hospice Friendly Hospital Work Programme
- Support delivery of programmes and projects to specification, on time and within budget addressing evaluation, audit and sustainability requirements
- Provide necessary support structure to projects to maximise their effectiveness, dissemination and reporting requirements
- On-going appraisal and assimilation of relevant health and social policy and service developments
- Build and maintain internal and key external relationships to maximise impact of work
- Apply evidence-based approach in project development and planning
- Generate reports, information materials, abstract proposals and articles to support dissemination of work
- Provide routine updates of work to line manager
The above list of duties is not exclusive, the successful applicant may also be required;
- To undertake other tasks as may be reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the post, and as may be determined by the person(s) to whom the post-holder reports.
- To travel outside Dublin, and must have a clean driver’s licence and access to a car.
Reporting to: Head of Healthcare Programmes
Terms of employment: This is a three year fixed term contract with review (subject to available funding), and is subject to a 6 month probationary period. This is a full-time position based in IHF offices, Nassau St, Dublin.
Applications & Enquiry
Informal inquiries welcome, please contact Marie Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01 673 0063
Interested applicants please submit your CV and letter of application to email@example.com demonstrating your interest and suitability to the position.
Closing date for applications
5pm Friday 25 November 2016