Job Title: Fundraising Assistant
Location: 32 Nassau Street, Dublin 2
Salary: Depending on experience
Contract: 1 year contract (with possibility of extension)
Reporting to: Senior Development Officer (DM)
Hours: 20 hours per week – 9.00am to 1.00pm
About The Irish Hospice Foundation
The Irish Hospice Foundation supports the development of hospice/palliative care and promotes the hospice philosophy across Ireland. Our vision is that no one should have to face death or bereavement without appropriate care and support.
We inform, educate and train, particularly in the area of loss and bereavement. We undertake and/or fund projects aimed at the development of hospice/palliative care services. We lobby for more and better services and promote the cause of hospice through advocacy and by raising awareness.
In the last few years we have significantly expanded our services and, looking to the future, we are continuing to develop new, pioneering programmes which will continue to support and promote the hospice philosophy across Ireland.
We are seeking a Fundraising Assistant to join IHF Fundraising Team. This person will be primarily responsible for entering fundraising data onto our database arising from our direct marketing activities such as direct mail and door to door fundraising as well as assisting with fundraising campaigns such as Tax Reclaim, National Raffle, Sunflower Days and Ireland’s Biggest Coffee Morning as well as other fundraising activities as needed. The role also requires supporting our corporate and events team to ensure our supporters receive materials, thank you letters, etc in a timely manner. The IHF has a small online shop and the Fundraising Assistant is tasked with dispatching orders.
- Input new data and validate existing data with 100% accuracy, process each transaction in line with our policies, processes and procedures.
- Assist the Senior Development Officer and Individual Giving Manager in ensuring that we have accurate data management and excellent standards of donor care.
- Assist the Individual Giving Executive with Door to Door fundraising and the National Raffle as needed.
- Provide admin support to the Individual Giving Manager in rollout of national fundraising events: Sunflowers Days and Ireland’s Biggest Coffee Morning as needed.
- Assist corporate and events team including liaising with supporters, sending acknowledgement letters and ensuring that event materials, campaign items are dispatched in a timely manner.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the position as may arise from time to time.
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc)
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Previous data input work experience (desired)
- Experience of working with databases (desired but not essential)
- Ability to work well in a team
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Proactive, flexible approach with a professional attitude
- Ability to work in a dynamic and professional environment.
CLOSING DATE: 5PM, FRIDAY 28TH APRIL 2017
To download job description, please click HERE.
Please apply by covering letter and CV via email to: email@example.com or by post to:
Senior Development Officer (DM)
The Irish Hospice Foundation
32 Nassau Street
For queries about the role, please contact Anna Sadlier at 01 679 3188.