Information, Library and Web Manager
Background - Information, Library and Web Service
The Irish Hospice Foundation's (IHF) vision is that no one should face death or bereavement without the care and support they require. Through a range of development, policy, education and public-facing services we seek to make a difference to the quality of end of life and bereavement care in Ireland. The provision of, processing and dissemination of information in multiple forms is central to the activities of the organisation.
Our digital channels include the Irish Hospice Foundation website, our social media platforms and the IHF digital archive
. These channels have multiple audiences.
The IHF also houses the Therese Brady Library
– Ireland’s only dedicated bereavement, end-of-life and palliative care library and information service. Through its print and electronic holdings the library serves the public, professionals, the IHF staff and postgraduate students on IHF courses with RCSI amongst others.
The Irish Hospice Foundation is seeking a librarian or information specialist who will provide information and library services and manage the developing function.
Ongoing Roles and Responsibilities
Information and library management
- Provide information and library services according to best practice and underpinned by relevant standards and policies
- Maintain and manage the library’s physical and electronic resources, acquiring new sources and stock relative to need
- Provide Information literacy training and evidence-gathering support to postgraduate students (and IHF staff as required)
Web content management
- Oversee the governance of the Irish Hospice Foundation website
- Develop and promote the strategic use of web and digital media and generate routine analytics and feedback reports across the programmes of the IHF
- Edit content, ensure optimisation and oversee an operational workflow of website updating
- Maintain, develop and promote IHF outputs and publication on IHF website and Lenus repository
- Deliver outreach current awareness responses including library alerts, newsletters to subscribers and IHF staff
- Manage and maintain IHF digital archive
Conduct a review of IHF information, web and library relative to evolving needs and a changing environment.
- A recognised postgraduate qualification in Information and Library studies or Information Management (or equivalent)
- At least two years’ experience in an academic, health or specialist library role
- A demonstrated history of design or support or maintenance of multi-faceted websites
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of library management systems and web development tools
- Self-motivated and proactive approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience of Koha library management system
- Knoweldge of OpenAthens Authentication system
- Knowledge of Omeka, WordPress and LibGuides content management systems
- Project management skills
Forward applications including CV and cover letter to [email protected]
with 'Information, Library and Web Manager job application' in subject title.
Informal queries to : Jane Flynn, Head of Communications & Public Affairs [email protected]
Closing Date for applications – September 12 2017