Reporting to: Head of Marketing and Communications
To support the Head of Marketing & Communications to deliver effective and intelligent communications that support IHF goals.
Assist in working to improve the means and methods of how we communicate more effectively with staff, internal and external stakeholders to deliver all aspects of PR and communications. The core objective is to enhance Irish Hospice Foundation’s reputation and image through all marketing – traditional and digital, PR and publicity materials; events, publications; and ad-hoc campaigns or communications activities.
PR & Communications responsibilities include:
- Working with the Advocacy Campaign Manager develop and implement a PR Strategy for IHF functions to ensure positive and accurate media coverage.
- Position IHF as the thought leader on all things dying, death and bereavement through identifying key stakeholders of influence, building those relationships and ensuring our voice is heard.
- Develop and manage effective PR and communications campaigns to promote new and existing IHF programmes.
- Collaborate with external agencies and internal stakeholders to deliver outstanding PR results.
- Measure and report on the PR campaign performance using best in class market effectiveness performance management.
- Manage a stakeholder plan with an effective contact strategy and communication plan.
- Ensure relationships with key media and stakeholders are strong; proactively pursue media opportunities and lead on media queries, as required.
Working with Digital Content Officer:
- Devise and implement an overall digital marketing strategy.
- Manage social channels; including Social scheduling and design of graphics etc for IHF functions
- Supporting and collaborating with Digital Content Officer on day to day activity
- SEO optimisation for text for website
- Develop our key messages, ensuring the creation and maintenance of appropriate and consistent language, tone and terminology across all areas of IHF.
- Be the brand guardian and enforce the application of the brand guidelines & writing style to ensure consistent and on brand messaging across all communications.
- Keep up to date on best practice within the digital and charity sector generally and particularly changes to communications innovation, legislation and codes of practice.
- Assist in delivering on a programme of organisational change to move towards a more ‘Group’ approach which will align our programmes and ensure one IHF voice and brand.
Content Development: External Design
- Review Creative Briefs to document scope of projects, creative input and budget
- Identify tasks and resources to create a master project plan.
- Identify milestones, dependencies and issues to manage throughout the process.
- Coordinate efforts across communications disciplines to ensure deliverable dates are met.
- Reviews and selects concepts to ensure established criteria (e.g., cost effectiveness, brand alignment, channel, etc.) are met.
- Completes review process through final approval.
- Coordinate content integration to leverage content across audiences and channels.
- Select vendor to meet project criteria.
- Brief vendor to develop creative content (e.g., copy, artwork, concept development, layout, format, etc.) and timeline.
Manage internal communications practices related to brand implementation including;
- process improvements to ensure projects and campaigns are delivered in a timely and effective way.
- Project manage internal design for IHF; including reviewing creative briefs, campaign Powerpoints, design of materials, reviews and sign-off.
- Review and copy edit any materials (internal and external) across IHF.
- Responsibility for internal processes and guides for digital implementation for IHF staff.
- Support Head of Marketing & Communications to develop and deliver communications strategies across the entire spectrum of disciplines including: media and public relations, internal communications, brand management advertising, marketing, digital and social media and production of materials.
- Responsible for the project management of communications campaigns; planning, design and delivery.
- Provide assistance to support the activity of the Communications team.
- Act as lead for the Communications team in the absence of the Head of Communications.
- Develop and build positive relations with our stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Identifying opportunities to increase our reputation and providing an energised and positive environment to improve our work.
- Develop a formalised reporting structure for measurement, analysis and evaluation of the Communication functions – media, web, social, PR etc.
- Use these analytics to deliver valuable insights on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis and communication improvements over time.
- Planning, organising and prioritising
- Business planning and project management
- Support and active engagement with senior management team and staff in delivery of communications agenda
- Analysis and decision-making using evidence-based approach
Communication & media skills
- Media skills and experience
- Capacity to generate clear and impactful messages
- Ability to build strong media relationships across traditional and social at a national level
- Excellent writing and communication skills and a proven ability to deliver high impact messages and content
- Capacity to network effectively and build strong external relationships and advance IHF’s communications agenda.
- Capacity to engage with and understand the media landscape to maximise IHF coverage
- Experience of developing, managing and leveraging a network of contacts at all levels across political, media and peer stakeholder groups
- Capacity to engage with different sectors
- Experience of the Not for Profit / NGO sector an advantage
- Ability to work with diverse and passionate colleagues
- Team player – motivating, developing and empowering
- Courage, passion and sensitivity for all matters relating to dying, death and bereavement.
- Gravitas for working with Board and other stakeholders
- Self-starter and pro-active
- Tenacity, drive, resilience and flexibility
- Capacity to manage self in changing and uncertain environments
- Positive attitude and willingness to add to the work and IHF
€45,000 – €50,000 p.a.
Benefits upon commencement:
- 10% employer’s contribution to a company contributory pension scheme (subject to 5% employee contribution)
- Life Assurance and Death in Service benefit
- Annual leave of 23 days
- Closure of the office on Good Friday, half day Christmas Eve and time between Christmas and New Year in addition to annual leave entitlement
- Further Education & Training support
- Travel (bike-to-work schemes/tax saver commuter tickets)
Please email CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Closing date: Friday October 8th 2021