Irish Hospice Foundation (IHF) is a leading voice in Ireland on matters relating to dying,
death and bereavement.
With over 35 years’ experience, we believe everyone facing end of life or bereavement, and
those who care for them, should be provided with the care and support that they need,
wherever the place.
Our Marketing & Communications Team forms a central role in promoting conversations on
dying, death and bereavement and our Digital & Communications Executive is one such
role. He/she will help ensure that IHF messages are clearly and effectively communicated to
a wide variety of audiences and will work across all areas but with a particular focus on the
nursing home programme.
The role presents an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, creative individual to join the
busy team. The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of the Marketing and
Communications strategy for IHF as part of the team. The role reports to our
IHF is open to applications from candidates who have experience in most but not all of the
following areas. The successful candidate will be supported through their induction to
increase their knowledge and ability to deliver on the responsibilities outlined here. Further
training and ongoing support will be available.
• Contribute on brand and digital initiatives to build the credibility of IHF (internally and
• Create content, including design, for social media platforms including paid
• Monitor, analyse and report on all social campaigns to ensure we are learning and
building to grow our audiences.
• Analyse website analytics to improve user journey and experience.
• Keep up to date on best practice within the digital and charity sector generally and
particularly regarding changes to communications innovation.
• Write and edit press releases, leaflets, brochures, newsletters, websites web copy
and social media content and corporate reports.
• Contribute to marketing and communications plans that help highlight our services,
promote fundraising campaigns, and deliver best output for the business.
• Gather insights from our services and develop narratives to share with relevant
audiences consistent with our brand.
With the Communications Manager, be the brand guardian and enforce the
application of the brand guidelines and writing style to ensure consistent and on
brand messaging across all communications.
• Support and input on specific project management of communications campaigns;
planning, design and delivery.
• Develop key relationships with partners and stakeholders to ensure enhanced
visibility to our audiences.
• Support driving excellent internal communications among IHF employees and
• Assist with Marketing and Communications in other activities as may arise from time
Core Skills and Competencies
• Strong understanding of print, broadcast, radio and social media and skilled in using
new media and technology to promote a message or campaign
• Excellent writing and communication skills online and offline with proven ability to
deliver high impact messages and content
• Experience in creating content for websites and social media campaigns for both
organic reach and paid campaigns.
• Strong analytical skills for paid and other campaigns, with the ability to use data to
increase engagement with audiences across all media platforms
• Proficiency in some or all core digital and e-Commerce tools e.g. Google Analytics,
Word Press, Canva / Adobe Suite, Hootsuite (or similar), Facebook ads, LinkedIn
ads, Google Ads, E-mail marketing software
• Capacity to engage with different sectors and build relationships with teams
• Proven ability in working with third party suppliers e.g. design agencies/printers and
others as needed
• Excellent organisational and IT skills (MS Packages)
• Experience of the Not for Profit / NGO sector an advantage
• Courage, passion and sensitivity for all matters relating to dying, death and
• Ability to work on own initiative and to collaborate with wider IHF team and with
• Results orientated with a strong analytical approach and practical analytical skills
• Creative thinker with ability to come up with fresh ideas
• Understanding of the Irish media landscape
• Ability to work with diverse and passionate colleagues
• Team player – motivating, developing and empowering
• Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a
• A minimum of three years relevant experience
The salary will be €35,000. Office base is Irish Hospice Foundation, Nassau St, Dublin.
A hybrid working policy is currently being piloted. This is a permanent post with a six-month
Please forward your CV (max 2 pages) with a brief covering letter to
[email protected] by close of business on 13th May 2022.
Other benefits include:
✓ A 10% employer’s contribution to a company contributory pension scheme (subject to a
5% employee contribution)
✓ Annual leave of 23 days
✓ Closure of the office on Good Friday, half day Christmas Eve and time between
Christmas and New Year in addition to annual leave entitlement
✓ Life Assurance and Death in Service benefit
✓ Further Education & Training support
✓ Travel (bike-to-work schemes/tax saver commuter tickets)
✓ A range of flexible leave benefits
A complete list of all the terms and conditions will be made available to the candidate offered
the role through IHF’s Employee Handbook. IHF is an equal opportunities employer.