Would you like to join us in working for an Ireland where people experience dying, death and bereavement with the care and support they need? Are you a passionate and experienced fundraising professional?
If you answered yes, then this may be the job for you!
This role has become available due to internal promotion. It is a key role within our individual giving team with responsibility for providing essential support to our regular donors (maintaining relationships and acquisition of new support), working with door to door agencies, representatives and staff as well as driving key campaigns (annual raffle and tax back scheme). The role has a strong focus on donor care, data processing and financial reporting
Reports to: Individual Giving Manager
IHF is open to applications from candidates who have experience in most but not all of the following areas. The successful candidate will be supported through their induction to increase their knowledge and ability to deliver on the responsibilities outlined here. Further training and ongoing support will be available.
Essential Skills and criteria
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in fundraising, marketing, customer service or administration.
- A working knowledge or experience of GDPR
- An understanding of best practices for donor retention and recruitment
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multi -task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small busy team
- Ability to work to agreed financial targets and budgets
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising CRM systems – IFH uses Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Excellent attention to detail, especially with financial data
- Enthusiastic, warm and friendly manner
Desirable Skills and Criteria
- 3rd level qualification preferably in marketing, finance or related areas
- An interest in working in the fundraising and charity sector
- Experience of working in door-to-door or on-street sales / canvassing
- A working knowledge of EFT/Payments Solutions – IHF uses DEFT
- Willingness to learn and to get involved with new projects and appeals
- Full driving licence and access to own car
- Work within the framework of the overall aims and objectives of Irish Hospice Foundation
- Liaise with our door to door representatives and third party agency to help achieve monthly targets
- Manage all aspects of administration associated with door to door fundraising
- Help us to drive acquisition of new donors
- Manage all financial administration for monthly donors
- Answer and log all enquiries from existing donors and new prospects
- Record all communications and transactions on fundraising database Raiser’s Edge
- Assist the fundraising team on key campaigns – primarily our Summer Raffle and Tax Back Scheme
- Undertake such other duties that may arise from time to time in consultation with Individual Giving Manager
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive and the post-holder will be required to undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post, and as may be determined by the person(s) to whom the post-holder reports
The salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, permanent post with a six-month probation period.
Standard office base is at Irish Hospice Foundation, 32 Nassau St, Dublin 2. A hybrid working model is currently being piloted and will be reviewed in Q4 of 2022.
Other job benefits include:
- A 10% employer’s contribution to a company contributory pension scheme (subject to a 5% employee contribution)
- Annual leave of 23 days
- Closure of the office on Good Friday, half day Christmas Eve and time between Christmas and New Year in addition to annual leave entitlement
- Life Assurance and Death in Service benefit
- Further Education & Training support
- Travel supports (bike-to-work schemes/tax saver commuter tickets)
Salary details are available on application. Please forward your current CV (maximum 3 pages) with a covering letter to [email protected] by close of business on 31st March 2022. Please put the reference Regular Giving in the subject line of your email.