Do you believe that residents of Nursing Homes deserve excellent care and support during dying, death and bereavement? Do you want to put your skills, drive and commitment to use to support care at end of life for people living in nursing homes?
If you answered “yes”, then Irish Hospice Foundation wants to hear from you!
Irish Hospice Foundation (IHF) works to ensure the best end-of-life and bereavement care, for everyone. We believe that every death matters and we only have one chance to get it right.
We are currently seeking highly-motivated, skilled and experienced Regional Leads to support the new National Nursing Homes Programme (Supporting Palliative, End of Life & Bereavement Care).
This programme is an initiative of Irish Hospice Foundation in partnership with All Ireland Institute of Hospice & Palliative Care (AIIHPC), the Health Services Executive (HSE) and regional hospice and specialist palliative care units.
The overall aim of the initiative is to embed a quality improvement approach to the delivery of compassionate, person-centred palliative, end-of-life and bereavement care in nursing homes.
These exciting new roles will be based in the geographical areas aligned to Regional Health Areas / Community Healthcare Organisations (CHO).
We envisage appointing a team of 9 (WTE) Regional Leads to support and coordinate all IHF activities associated with the National Nursing Homes Programme in each CHO / RHA.
We are looking for people who
- are passionate about enabling nursing homes to develop a compassionate culture where the delivery of excellence in palliative, end of life and bereavement care is prioritised, valued and recognised as part of their day-to-day ethos and work
- can build relationships and work in partnership with others.
Experience of developing and implementing quality improvement and education programmes would be an advantage. A good sense of humour coupled with an ability to adapt to change and uncertainty is essential!
IHF is a values-driven organisation that nurtures and supports its staff. As an employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Further Education & Training support
- A range of flexible leave policies
- Hybrid work arrangements
What you’ll need to demonstrate
- Successful project coordination and development skills including staff and operational budget management
- A working knowledge of coordinating programmes in a healthcare setting, working in collaboration with partners.
- Core competencies including; leadership, sound judgement, organisational skills, communication, relationship building and results orientation.
- A commitment to the mission, vision and values of IHF.
- A passion for working with IHF and the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
This full-time role, reporting to the Regional Leads National Manager, will be based regionally in the offices of our hospice partners. Necessary travel across Ireland is expected.
Please download the Regional Leads for National Nursing Homes recruitment pack (Full Job Description and NNHP Overview) and apply below attaching a CV and a cover letter.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday 25th April 2022
Interview date for applications: Early May 2022 TBC
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please indicate which Regional Health Area(s) / CHO areas you are applying to in your application.
Points of note
- IHF is an equal opportunities employer
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. IHF, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment.
- Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with: 1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview; and 2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our data retention policy
- Should the person recommended for appointment decline, or having accepted it, relinquish it, or if an additional vacancy arises, IHF may, at its discretion, select and recommend another person for appointment based on the results of this selection process. A panel may be formed for future opportunities.
For any queries on this role please contact [email protected]