Following the tremendous success of the first three rounds of Design & Dignity Projects, we are delighted to announce that HSE Estates and the Irish Hospice Foundation have committed a fund for another round of projects. Recognising how deeply people are affected by their surroundings, the Design & Dignity Project has developed a range of ‘exemplar’ projects within public acute hospitals.
To date, we have supported over 30 projects around Ireland. Hospitals have created relaxing, spacious family rooms as oasis of calm within busy acute wards, upgraded mortuaries into welcoming, respectful sanctuaries and redesigned family focused bereavement suites in emergency departments and maternity units. Feedback from patients, families, patients and staff has been overwhelmingly positive.
Who can apply: Public adult and maternity hospitals and paediatric units are eligible to apply. Hospital relocating to a new site are exempt.
Types of exemplar projects likely to be considered:
- Family focused bereavement suites in emergency departments (i.e. viewing room with adjoining family room) [* please see footnote below re. Rosabel’s Rooms]
- Family rooms with overnight & refreshment facilities
- Palliative care suites within wards (e.g. inpatient room with adjoining family room)
- Ward spaces to create areas of greater privacy
- Family friendly mortuaries
- Interior design including artwork and finishings to elevate projects already underway to ‘exemplar’ status
How to apply for a Design & Dignity Grant:
Please submit the following by email and in hardcopy to Bronagh Curran, The Irish Hospice Foundation, 32 Nassau Street Dublin 2, D02 YE06 email@example.com
|1.||A completed D&D Grant Application Form||1 copy|
|2.||A letter from the hospital manager confirming the hospital’s funding commitment (a minimum of 30% of the total project cost)||1 copy|
|3.||Drawings developed by a Design Architect (preferably 3D drawings in A4)||6 copies (A4)|
|4.||A detailed breakdown of costings developed by a Quantity Surveyor||6 copies|