Grief at Work: An Introduction (workshop)
Grief at Work: An Introduction
Delivered on site at your premises
Format and Duration
General talk for staff, 1.5 contact hours
€350 plus travel
Who is this for?
This talk is suitable for all employees and staff who would like to learn about the grieving process, how it can affect people, and how to provide effective support. It can accommodate up to 30 people.
The aim of the talk is to provide participants with an understanding of loss and the grieving process. It will look at what is involved in providing effective support to people who are grieving including tips on what to say /not say, and do /not do.
Topics to be covered
- Understanding loss and grief.
- The grieving process – physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual aspects.
- What can help – what to say / do for someone who is bereaved.
At the end of this workshop participants will have an understanding of:
- Different types of loss and how they can affect people.
- The grieving process e.g. duration, expected reactions, etc.
- How to provide effective support to someone who is bereaved – e.g. what to say/ not say, etc.