Grief at Work: The Role of Managers (workshop)
Grief at Work: The Role of Managers
Delivered on site at your premises
Format and Duration
Half day workshop, 3 contact hours
€500 plus travel
Who is this for?
This workshop is suitable for managers, human resource personnel and those who have a supportive role for staff in the organisation. It can accommodate up to 16 participants.
The aim of the workshop is to provide participants with an understanding of the grieving process, and practical tips and skills to build a supportive work environment for staff dealing with loss.
Topics to be covered
- What is involved in the process of grieving (e.g. time, normal reactions, etc.)?
- How does grief impact on employees (concentration / work performance, etc.)?
- Grief and organisational issues — creating a supportive work environment.
- How to be supportive to someone who is grieving.
- Self-care when working with people who are grieving.
At the end of this workshop participants will have:
- An understanding of what loss and grief are.
- An understanding of the grieving process and how it affects people.
- An understanding of what creates an effective environment in the workplace for dealing with grief.
- Developed their own skills for effectively supporting someone who is grieving.
- An understanding of their own support needs when working with people who are grieving.