Open Access Publishing policy
Open Access (OA) to published research output and funded research output
The Irish Hospice Foundation (IHF) is committed to the support and development of research in end-of-life care and bereavement.
IHF encourage open dissemination of knowledge and publications on end-of-life care and bereavement. As such we support Open Access as defined by the National Open Access Policy statement
in respect of publications and articles produced internally or by recipients of funding through our grants, development funds and scholarships.
All publications produced on IHF funded projects or grants whether peer reviewed articles or general reports are to be made available in open access format online.
In the case of journal articles the preference is for author self archiving
via the green open access route.
Preferred Open Access route – Green, deposit in a repository
Preferred repository – LENUS, the Irish Health Repository or RIAN (in respect of grant recipients in Irish Academic institutions).
The Policy REQUIRES that;
- All IHF research publications and scholarly publications by IHF staff are made available in Open Access online in full text and deposited in the LENUS repository
- Authors publishing on projects, developments or research funded in whole or in part by IHF archive their work in an Open Access repository as soon as possible following publication
- All peer reviewed articles and conference publications by IHF staff (including external and contract staff members) be deposited in an Open Access repository following publication
- Authors familiarise themselves with the Open Access archiving options of publications prior to submission - details of publisher policies are available HERE
- Except in exceptional circumstances submissions be made to publications with self archiving policies
- IHF does not provide additional funding to meet ‘Gold’ open access article processing fees
Where a journal does not have an open access policy or where additional fees are charged in respect of Open Access publication IHF do not provide additional funds to cover these costs.
Download Policy >>>
Supporting Open Access
An information guide on publishing in Open Access is available for authors to assist in the process of Open Access publication (download this guide HERE)
Further details and assistance on OA publication options are available by contacting Information & Library Manager Laura Rooney Ferris