Dealing with loss (Maternity Setting)
Who is this course for?
This workshop is suitable for all staff in maternity hospitals and units. Its aim is to enhance the quality of the interactions between hospital staff, parents and their families at a time of loss.
- The National Standards for Bereavement Care Following Pregnancy Loss and Perinatal Death
- How loss and death can impact on patients and their families, and also on staff
- Understanding the grieving process
- How to support patients and families who have experienced loss and/or death
- Self-care when dealing with loss and death in the maternity setting
At the end of this workshop, participants will
- Understand the importance and relevance of the National Standards for Bereavement Care Following Pregnancy Loss and Perinatal Death
- Understand the grieving process and how loss and death can impact on patients and families
- Understand the importance of good communication in times of crisis
- Develop their ability to support patients and families who experience loss and death
- Develop their awareness of the importance of self-care when working with people who experience loss and death
Accreditation is being sought for Dealing With Loss from the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland.
Type: Interactive presentation
Contact hours: 6.5 hours – Full day workshop
Maximum attendees: 16
Cost: €800 plus standard IHF travel expenses (70c per mile plus cost of an overnight stay if required).
To find out more or to discuss a staff development workshop for your healthcare site, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.