Final Journeys is a one-day workshop which aims to:
- improve end-of-life care by raising awareness and empowering staff to become more competent, confident and comfortable dealing with patients and families
- enhance communication skills of hospital staff so they are better able to support people nearing end-of-life
Who is the workshop for?
Final Journey’s is for all healthcare staff and is especially suitable for staff in acute hospital settings.
Over 3,000 healthcare staff from across Ireland and Northern Ireland have completed the Final Journeys workshop. A 2011 independent evaluation of the workshop showed high satisfaction levels with over 99% (of 625 people surveyed) saying the course was very good or excellent, and over 92% saying that it had an impact on their ability to communicate with patients and families at end-of-life.
It is a highly interactive course drawing on the experience and stories of participants using discussion, DVDs and opportunities to share examples of good practice.
- Understanding what is involved in end-of-life care
- Communication skills for talking to residents and family members about end-of-life care
- How to support residents when they are dying
At the end of this workshop participants will have:
- An understanding of the five domains of end-of-life care
- Developed their skills for talking with patients and family members about end-of-life
- Developed their skills and abilities in supporting residents and family members at end-of-life
Type: Interactive presentation
Contact hours: 6.5 hours – full day workshop
Maximum attendees: 16
Cost: €800 plus standard IHF travel expenses (70c per mile plus cost of an overnight stay if required).
For more information click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01-6793188
Final Journeys is accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and has Category 1 approval (7 NMBI CEUs) and by the Irish Association of Social Workers. Please check the relevant professional association/regulatory body website for updated details of points/credits.
To find out more or to discuss a staff development workshop for your healthcare site, contact email@example.com on our Staff Development workshops information desk or fill in the form below.