Planning Ahead – Advance Care Planning & Advance Care Directives
Advance Care Planning & Advance Care Directives Training
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP?
This workshop is suitable for all staff working in adult healthcare services in any setting (Nursing Home / Care Home) who have an interest or a role in supporting residents or patients to think and plan for ahead.
- Advance Care Planning (ACP)– What is it?
- The Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act 2015 – useful facts
- Functional approach to capacity
- Advance healthcare directives
- Guidance for healthcare staff
- Putting it into practice – thinking and talking about it
At the end of this workshop participants will have:
- An understanding of the Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act 2015
- An understanding of Advance Care Planning and an Advance Care Directives
- An understanding of Functional Capacity
- Developed confidence around having discussions around Advance Care Planning and Advance Healthcare Directives
Accreditation is currently being sought for from the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland.
Type: Interactive presentation – Half day workshop
Contact hours: 3.5 Hours
Maximum attendees: 16
Cost : €450 plus standard IHF travel expenses (70c per mile plus cost of overnight stay if required)
To find out more or to discuss a staff development workshop for your healthcare site, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.