Caring for residents families
The IHF is now offering workshops to care homes for the family members of their residents. The workshops are aimed at family and friends of residents to help them come to terms with having a loved one in residential care.
Supporting Families Workshop
Supporting Families is a Series of four workshops aimed at families of residents in community hospitals or long-term care settings.
Who is this workshop for?
The workshops are aimed at family and friends of residents as they experience the journey from admission to residential care through to end-of-life.
There are four workshops in this series and the following topics will be covered;
- When someone you care about is in a nursing home
- How to have a good visit with a relative/friend with dementia
- Family involvement in thinking ahead and decision making in end-of-life care
- When someone you love or know is dying
A the end of this workshop participants will have:
- An understanding of the impact of a loved one moving into nursing home care
- An understanding of the key components of a good visit when someone has dementia
- An understanding of the importance of planning ahead to ensure good end-of-life care
- Prepared relatives / friends to come to terms with a loved one who is dying
Type: 4 Interactive 1.5 hour workshops
Contact Hours: 6 Contact Hours (4 x 1.5 hour)
Maximum attendees: 24
Cost: €225 per workshop (plus standard IHF travel expenses, 70c per mile plus cost of an overnight stay if required)
To find out more or to discuss a staff development workshop for your healthcare site, contact email@example.com or fill in the form below.