Main Purpose of Job:
Irish Hospice Foundation is proud of its successful and varied fundraising programme. Our Fundraising Officer is part of our busy fundraising team focusing on our community supporters, our events and our online retail shop.
- Responsible for IHF Community Fundraising by providing excellent donor care and support to all community fundraisers/ event participants.
- Responsible for developing and further integrating digital fundraising and developing short/long term strategies to ensure success.
- Work closely to support the activities of the IHF Voluntary Special Events Committee.
- Support Fundraising Manager with organisation of annual Cycle and Camino Challenge.
- Support the growth of corporate engagement with IHF events calendar.
- Manage all data relating to community fundraising and events on donor database (Raisers Edge NXT).
- Represent IHF at supporter led events and cheque presentations virtually/ in the community as required.
- Deal with queries relating to IHF retail products and fulfil orders made through our online shop.
- Seek new fundraising event opportunities and build on retail offering through product development.
- Liaise with IHF communications to ensure timely and effective Social Media Campaigns and PR of events as necessary.
- Work across departments to maximise effectiveness of campaigns and other duties as might reasonably be required by IHF.
Personal Experience, Skills & Qualities
- Relevant fundraising experience and a proven track record of working to targets, ideally through events fundraising.
- Experience in digital marketing, specifically social media marketing, to enhance fundraising campaigns to attract new donors as well as capitalise on an existing base.
- Excellent organisational skills and precise attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent communicator with energy, drive and people skills to build long-term lasting relationships.
- Flexibility and willingness to work out-of-hours at events, meetings, functions to represent IHF.
- Ability to give occasional presentations/ speeches to potential and existing supporters.
- Creative, enthusiastic with a proactive approach to all areas of work.
- Ability to work well as part of a busy fundraising team.
- Excellent administration and computer skills.
- Ideally, working knowledge of Raisers Edge NXT.
- An understanding of the work of Irish Hospice Foundation.
The salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a permanent post with a six-month probation period.
- A 10% employer’s contribution to a company contributory pension scheme (subject to a 5% employee contribution)
- Annual leave of 23 days
- Closure of the office on Good Friday, half day Christmas Eve and time between Christmas and New Year in addition to annual leave entitlement
- Life Assurance and Death in Service benefit
- Further Education & Training support
- Travel (bike-to-work schemes/tax saver commuter tickets)
Salary details are available on application. Please forward your CV (max 2 pages) with a brief covering letter to [email protected] by close of business on 31st May 2021