Fundraising this weekend
Would you like to help us to continue supporting those facing end of life and bereavement during #COVID19, as well as providing guidance and advice for health and social care workers? Here are some things you can do this weekend to support the many fundraising efforts going on all over the country.
1. Join Peter Tomany this weekend in completing a duathlon and raise funds for the IHF. It consists of a 1.5km run, 20km bike and 5km run. Entry fee: €10 donation to IHF. Donate here or or visit his Facebook page here
2. Do the 5K challenge. Run/walk 5k, donate €5 and nominate 5 friends to do the same. More info
3. Drimnagh Castle Secondary School is planning a 5km event on 21st May. Donate here
4. The amazing Hugh Hannon will walk 100k in a day on 30th May. He is taking on the challenge in support of a number of charities, including the IHF, to recognise the enormous difference the work of the IHF makes to grieving families. Donate here
5. Nominate a mum. Each week, artist Kathryn Crowley paints a small personalised gift for a very special mother, in memory of her own mam, Mary Crowley, who died in May 2000. for More details here. She asks that you please make a donation to the IHF or any cancer care centre.
6. You can also help us by texting IHF to 50300 to donate €4. Text costs €4. The Irish Hospice Foundation will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 076 6805278