IHF Feedback & Complaints Procedure
The Irish Hospice Foundation is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve. The Irish Hospice Foundation welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- it is as easy as possible to make a complaint;
- we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- we treat every complaint seriously, whether made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person;
- we deal with any complaint quickly and politely;
- we respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation or apology where we have got things wrong, and with information on any action taken, etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at Management and Board level.
What to do if you have a feedback or a complaint
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact the Irish Hospice Foundation in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your complaint will be dealt with by a relevant Senior Manager or our Chief Executive. Please let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details. Write to:Sharon Foley
The Chief Executive Officer
The Irish Hospice Foundation
32 Nassau Street
Tel: 01 679 3188
We are open from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm Monday – Thursday and 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on Fridays, and closed between 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm each day.
What happens next?
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it with 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and give a new deadline.
What if the complaint is not resolved?
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to the Irish Hospice Foundation’s Chairperson, Ms Jean McKiernan. She will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.
Alternative arrangements are in place for complaints by Irish Hospice Foundation staff or agents and this procedure, therefore, does not apply to them.