Marathons, Fun Runs & Triathlons
Sadly many of this year’s running events have been cancelled due to Covid-19, but some have adapted!
This year, the VHI Women’s Mini Marathon, is going virtual.
Normally, the annual 10K charity road race occurs each June bank holiday weekend in Dublin and is the largest women’s event of its kind in the world. The 2020 event is going virtual and will take place from the 1st – 10th October. You have 10 days to run your 10k and raise vital funds to support those facing end of life and bereavement in Ireland. Read more here.
Are you planning to undertake a new challenge in 2020? Why not get the adrenaline flowing and sign up to one of the many marathons, fun runs and triathlons across Ireland, and raise vital funds for Irish Hospice Foundation. Simply complete our online event application form to receive your free IHF Fundraising Pack. Alternatively, please contact Louise McCarron at firstname.lastname@example.org for a fundraising pack.
Register to run for Irish Hospice Foundation at one of the many marathons, fun runs and triathlons around Ireland. Here is a list of some of the upcoming events taking place across Ireland in 2020.
Marathons & Half Marathons
- Tralee Marathon & Half Marathon – Saturday 14th March, 2020
- Mullingar Half Marathon – Tuesday 17th March, 2020
- Connemara Marathon & Half Marathon – Sunday 19th April, 2020
- Wexford Half Marathon – Sunday 26th April, 2020
- Limerick Marathon & Half Marathon – Sunday 3rd May, 2020
- Belfast City Marathon – Sunday 3rd May, 2020
- Cork City Marathon & Half Marathon – Sunday 31st May, 2020
- Mourne Way Marathon & Half Marathon – Saturday 13th June, 2020
- Waterford Viking Marathon & Half Marathon – Saturday 20th June, 2020
- East Cork Harbour Marathon & Half Marathon, Saturday 8th August, 2020
- Rock n’ Roll Dublin Half Marathon – 8-9th August, 2020
- Dingle Marathon & Half Marathon – Saturday 5th September, 2020
- Kilkenny Medieval Marathon & Half Marathon – Saturday 12th September, 2020
- Dublin Half Marathon – Saturday 19th September, 2020
- Belfast City Half Marathon – Sunday 20th September, 2020
- Galway Bay Marathon & Half Marathon – Saturday 3rd October, 2020
- Dublin Marathon – Sunday 25th October, 2020
- Clonakilty Marathon & Half Marathon – Saturday 28th November, 2020
10km Runs/Mini Marathons
- Cara Bundoran Half Marathon, 10km, 5km – Friday-Sunday 13th-14th March, 2020
- Great Ireland Run 10km, Dublin – Sunday 5th April, 2020
- VHI Women’s Mini Marathon, Dublin – Sunday 31st May, 2020
- South Dublin 10km – Sunday 26th July, 2020
- Frank Duffy 10 Mile, Dublin – Saturday 29th August, 2020
Triathlons and Adventure Races
- Triathy, Athy – Saturday 20th May, 2020
- Hell and Back, various locations – Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th June, 2020
- Kilkee Hell of the West, Co. Clare – Saturday June 4th, 2020
- Triathlone, Athlone – Saturday 5th July, 2020
- Tough Mudder. Lough Crew, Co Meath – Saturday-Sunday, 25th-26th July, 2020
- Tri the Hook, Co. Wexford – Saturday 22nd August, 2020
- The Lost Sheep Triathlon, Kenmare – Saturday 5th September, 2020
Please register to run for The Irish Hospice Foundation.
For more running events in Ireland have a look at the Run Ireland website: