Irish Hospice Foundation Cycle Challenge 2nd – 8th July 2023 (the “Event”)
1. Each person taking part in the Event (a “Participant” or “you” or “your”) is acting as a volunteer for Irish Hospice Foundation and is responsible for and obtaining all necessary permits and permissions in respect of public collections
2. Irish Hospice Foundation has appointed Irish Cycling Safaris Limited to organise accommodation (on a shared basis), logistics, transportation, first aid and guides for the Event and accepts no liability for any loss or damages howsoever arising or for cancellation of the Event for any reason.
3. Irish Hospice Foundation has no control over the organisation and running of the Event and all participants take part at their own risk.
4. Irish Hospice Foundation can arrange flights to and from the Event for the convenience of Participants. All flights booked by Irish Hospice Foundation are booked through a third-party transport provider, with no affiliation to Irish Hospice Foundation, and Irish Hospice Foundation has no control over the price, chartering or scheduling of the flights. Irish Hospice Foundation cannot accept liability for any delay in a Participant’s travel arrangements from or to Ireland whether the cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling by a transport provider, port authority, mechanical breakdown or industrial action.
5. Irish Hospice Foundation has no control over what happens on the Event and is, therefore, under no liability in contract, negligence, or otherwise for any matter occurring during the Event or for any loss or damage sustained by any Participant during those dates. Any complaint must be notified directly to Irish Cycling Safaris Limited within 14 days of the end of the Event, in accordance with Irish Cycling Safaris Limited’s Booking Conditions, as set out in clause 19 below.
6. The total liability of Irish Hospice Foundation to a Participant under or in connection with this these terms and conditions (the “Participant Terms and Conditions”) or the Event, whether arising from breach of contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall be limited to a total aggregate amount of €75. Irish Hospice Foundation shall not be liable to a Participant for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
7. These Participant Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with the Irish Hospice Foundation’s Privacy Notice which is available on our website, https:// hospicefoundation.ie/privacy-policy/
8. These Participant Terms and Conditions, and all matters arising from them, will be subject to Irish law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
REGISTRATION FEES AND DONATIONS
9. To secure your place you will need to: Fill in and return the enclosed registration form by 31st March 2023 along with your €300 deposit payment. By 14th April 2023 the balance of costs, €1,350 must be paid to secure your place on the trip. On or before 1 May 2023 you must have raised and paid €1,000 of fundraising. Before our departure on 2nd July the remaining €1,000 of your fundraising should be lodged to IHF. If you need more time to complete your fundraising after the cycle has taken place this can be arranged by request.
10. If you are unable to obtain the minimum target amount of sponsorship (€2000) you are liable to forfeit your place on the Event and your non-refundable registration fee of €300; donations will only be refunded directly to the donor, upon written request by the donor.
11. You must make it clear to all your prospective sponsors that €1,650 of the €3,500 comprises the cost of registration and participation in the Event.
12. Should Irish Hospice Foundation cancel the Event, the registration fee of €300 will be refundable to you; donations will only be refunded directly to the donor, upon written request by the donor.
13. Should you not be able to take up your place on the Event, donations and registration fees will not be refundable to you; donations will only be refunded directly to the donor, upon written request by the donor.
14. All funds raised in the name of Irish Hospice Foundation in connection with the Event must be paid as soon as practicable to Irish Hospice Foundation.
15. Safety approved cycling helmets are compulsory.
16. You may not deviate from the official route.
17. You are to obey the local traffic regulations, traffic officers and authorised marshals at all times.
18. You may not use your mobile phone or a personal music system while cycling
IRISH CYCLING SAFARIS LTD BOOKING CONDITIONS
19. Irish Cycling Safaris Ltd (the “Company” or “we”) accepts bookings subject to the following conditions:
Passport, Visas, Vaccinations
Each Participant is responsible for arranging and must be in possession of a valid passport and any visa required for the whole of their journey. Information about these matters or related items (climate, clothing, baggage, personal gear etc.) is given in good faith but without responsibility on the Company. It is the responsibility of each Participant to check if visas or vaccinations are required to travel.
Insurance & Cancellation Insurance
Travel insurance is mandatory for all Participants during the Event organised by the Company. Participants participate in the Event solely at their own risk and bring the Participant’s personal property, including baggage, on the Event at their own risk. Participants are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are in possession of private travel insurance with protection for the full duration of the Event in respect of at least medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, with adequate cover (“Travel Insurance”). Participants should ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting protection for the type of activities.
The Company cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of any kind to your bicycle during the Event. If you have concerns regarding your individual bike you should consider appropriate bicycle insurance. During the course of the Event, your bicycle remains your exclusive responsibility. Every reasonable effort will be made by the Company to provide suitable overnight storage for your bicycle, however no liability can be taken by the Company regarding accidental damage, theft, improper maintenance etc. of your bicycle.
If your bicycle is being transported by the Company during the Event you must clearly label it and make it available to the driver at the agreed date/time. In the event that your bicycles is not clearly labelled by you or made available in accordance with a prior arrangement, then your bicycle cannot be collected or returned by the Company.
Any other of your personal items, excluding bicycles transported by prior agreement during the Event, remaining at the end of the Event that are not collected by you will be disposed of by the Company. This includes cycling shoes, jackets, helmets and any other items, regardless of value or personal attachment.
If you have a complaint
Should you have a complaint about any of the Event arrangements, you must tell both the relevant supplier and the Company’s representative whilst on the Event or within 14 days of the end of the Event. It is only if the Company and the relevant supplier know about problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right.
The timings of road, ferry or flight departures are estimates only. We cannot accept liability for any delay in your travel in your travel arrangements from or to Ireland whether the cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions rescheduling by transport provider, port authority, mechanical breakdown or industrial action. Where long delays result in lost challenge time, no refunds are given by hotels or suppliers. Similarly, transport providers do not offer compensation for delays.
This Event is conceived and operated by Irish Cycling Safaris Ltd. Irish Cycling Safaris Ltd, Harbour Square, 4 Crofton Rd, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin
20. Participants hereby acknowledge that they take part in the Event and all functions and events related thereto at their own risk. Participants hereby agree for themselves, their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns to waive release and discharge and to neither have not institute any claims whatsoever against Irish Hospice Foundation or the Company. This waiver covers death, disability, personal injury, damage to and loss of property of a participant and is effective whether or not such death, injury, damage or loss may have been caused directly or indirectly or wholly or partly by any act or omission including negligence, of Irish Hospice Foundation or the Company or their respective servants, agents and contractors and will bind the heirs, executors and/or trustees of the estate of a participant.
21. We are delighted that Paul Kimmage is supporting us. We cannot, however, guarantee his participation.
22. Participation in the cycle is at the sole discretion of Irish Hospice Foundation.