Irish Hospice Foundation Cycle Challenge 8-11October 2021 (the “Event”)
1. Each person taking part in the Event (a “Participant” or “you” or “your”) is acting as a volunteer for Irish Hospice Foundation and is responsible for and obtaining all necessary permits and permissions in respect of public collections.
2. Irish Hospice Foundation has appointed Irish Cycling Safaris Limited to organise accommodation (on a shared basis), first aid and guides for the Event and accepts no liability for any loss or damages howsoever arising or for cancellation of the Event for any reason.
3. Irish Hospice Foundation has no control over the organisation and running of the Event and all participants take part at their own risk.
4. Irish Hospice Foundation has no control over what happens on the Event and is, therefore, under no liability in contract, negligence, or otherwise for any matter occurring during the Event or for any loss or damage sustained by any Participant during those dates. Any complaint must be notified directly to Irish Cycling Safaris Limited within 14 days of the end of the Event, in accordance with Irish Cycling Safaris Limited’s Booking Conditions, as set out in clause 19 below.
6. The total liability of Irish Hospice Foundation to a Participant under or in connection with this these terms and conditions (the “Participant Terms and Conditions”) or the Event, whether arising from breach of contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall be limited to a total aggregate amount of €75. Irish Hospice Foundation shall not be liable to a Participant for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
7. These Participant Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with the Irish Hospice Foundation’s Privacy Notice which is available on our website, https://hospicefoundation.ie/privacy-policy/
8. These Participant Terms and Conditions, and all matters arising from them, will be subject to Irish law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
REGISTRATION FEES AND DONATIONS
9. To secure your place you will need to: Fill in and return the enclosed registration form by 30 July 2021 along with your €100 deposit payment. By 20 August 2021 the balance of costs, €405, must be paid to secure your place on the trip. Before 1 September 2021 you must have raised and paid at least €495 of Sponsorship. This brings your minimum total €1000, otherwise you jeopardise your place on the trip.
10. If you are unable to obtain the minimum target amount of sponsorship (€495) you are liable to forfeit your place on the Event and your non-refundable registration fee of €100; donations will only be refunded directly to the donor, upon written request by the donor.
11. You must make it clear to all your prospective sponsors that €505 of the €1,000 comprises the cost of registration and participation in the Event.
12. Should Irish Hospice Foundation cancel the Event, the registration fee of €100 will be refundable to you; donations will only be refunded directly to the donor, upon written request by the donor.
13. Should you not be able to take up your place on the Event, donations and registration fees will not be refundable to you; donations will only be refunded directly to the donor, upon written request by the donor.
14. All funds raised in the name of Irish Hospice Foundation in connection with the Event must be paid as soon as practicable to Irish Hospice Foundation.
15. Safety approved cycling helmets are compulsory.
16. You may not deviate from the official route.
17. You are to obey the local traffic regulations, traffic officers and authorised marshals at all times.
18. You may not use your mobile phone or a personal music system while cycling.
IRISH CYCLING SAFARIS LTD BOOKING CONDITIONS
19. Irish Cycling Safaris Ltd (the “Company” or “we”) accepts bookings subject to the following conditions:
Insurance & Cancellation Insurance
Travel insurance is mandatory for all Participants during the Event organised by the Company. Participants participate in the Event solely at their own risk and bring the Participant’s personal property, including baggage, on the Event at their own risk. Participants are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are in possession of private travel insurance with protection for the full duration of the Event in respect of at least medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, with adequate cover (“Travel Insurance”). Participants should ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting protection for the type of activities included in the Event. Participants should satisfy themselves that any Travel Insurance arranged through the Company is what they require and should arrange supplementary insurance if need be. Participants will be deemed to have read the insurance cover.
Ground arrangements during the Event are fully insured through the Company.
While we endeavour to follow our itinerary there may be exceptional circumstances when this is not possible. We reserve the right to cancel or modify the itinerary as necessary. Due to the nature of the trip arrangements have to be planned well in advance, so changes may have to be made and the Company reserves the right to do this. Should a material change be necessary the Company will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. A material change includes, for example, a significant change of destination or route time by more than 12 hours.
Prior to the Event you will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire. If you are over 60 years of age or if you have any medical condition that could be adversely affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition or asthma, you must provide the Company with a medical certificate from your doctor. By signing this form you are confirming that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health is good and that you take full responsibility for your health and personal wellbeing.
Participants must be over the age of 18 on the day of departure. The Company reserves the right to refuse participation to anyone at any time without having to disclose the reason.
We accept your booking on the understanding that you realise the hazards involved in this type of event, including injury or death, disease, loss or damage to property, and that you come on the Event at your own risk. We accept no liability for any injury resulting from the hazards of cycling or any other activity included in the itinerary, or for any other mishaps to you or your property, and in particular as a consequence of strikes, wars, riots, sickness or other such happenings. Any independent travel arrangements that you make are also at your own risk. While on the Event, illegal behaviour or conduct considered unsuitable will not be tolerated and could result in the Participant being asked to leave the Event with no refund. The decision to participate in the Event or parts therein lies with each Participant.
You must adhere to current public health guidance at the time of the Event. Masks, if required, are your responsibility and the Company cannot be responsible for ensuring all others around you are wearing them.
You must wear a helmet on this trip. Participants are responsible for ensuring that their bike is in a suitable condition for participation in an event of this nature. The
Company will endeavour to accommodate Participants, but cannot guarantee that correct tools and spares will be available. Participants will be expected to pay for any spares they require during this trip.
The Company cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of any kind to your bicycle during the Event. If you have concerns regarding your individual bike you should consider appropriate bicycle insurance. During the course of the Event, your bicycle remains your exclusive responsibility. Every reasonable effort will be made by the Company to provide suitable overnight storage for your bicycle, however no liability can be taken by the Company regarding accidental damage, theft, improper maintenance etc. of your bicycle.
If your bicycle is being transported by the Company during the Event you must clearly label it and make it available to the driver at the agreed date/time. In the event that your bicycles is not clearly labelled by you or made available in accordance with a prior arrangement, then your bicycle cannot be collected or returned by the Company.
Any other of your personal items, excluding bicycles transported by prior agreement during the Event, remaining at the end of the Event that are not collected by you will be disposed of by the Company. This includes cycling shoes, jackets, helmets and any other items, regardless of value or personal attachment.
If you have a complaint Should you have a complaint about any of the Event arrangements, you must tell both the relevant supplier and the Company’s representative whilst on the Event or within 14 days of the end of the Event. It is only if the Company and the relevant supplier know about problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right.
This Event is conceived and operated by Irish Cycling Safaris Ltd. Irish Cycling Safaris Ltd, Harbour Square, 4 Crofton Rd, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin.
20. Participants hereby acknowledge that they take part in the Event and all functions and events related thereto at their own risk. Participants hereby agree for themselves, their executors, administrators, heirs,next of kin, successors and assigns to waive release and discharge and to neither have not institute any claims whatsoever against Irish Hospice Foundation or the Company. This waiver covers death, disability, personal injury, damage to and loss of property of a participant and is effective whether or not such death, injury, damage or loss may have been caused directly or indirectly or wholly or partly by any act or omission including negligence, of Irish Hospice Foundation or the Company or their respective servants, agents and contractors and will bind the heirs, executors and/or trustees of the estate of a participant.
21. We are delighted that Paul Kimmage is supporting us. We cannot however guarantee his participation.