During this time, we are hosting our CEOL network meetings virtually each month. Below is the link to our most recent CEOL Virtual Network meeting which took place on July 1st. Our next one is on August 12th.
About the networks
The CEOL Regional Networks support nursing homes and RCCs to deliver compassionate, person-centred end-of-life care to residents, family members and staff through three regional meetings per year held in Dublin, the Midlands and the southern region.
Who can attend?
All and any member of staff are welcome to attend from health care assistants, nurses, physiotherapists, chaplaincy, occupational therapists, speech & language therapists to management, clerical staff, household and catering staff, activity coordinators, social workers and hairdressers.
The CEOL Regional Network meetings provide:
- On-going support and training for staff on end-of-life care.
- Opportunities to share good practices, learning and challenges around end-of-life care within and between RCCs.
- Updates to CEOL Network members on national and international developments around end-of-life care.
- Supports and fosters relationships with local and regional services providers such as specialist palliative care services, community service providers, acute hospitals etc.
- Opportunities for peer support through reflective learning and discussion with colleagues.
- Networking with colleagues, RCCs, nursing homes and guest speakers.
CEOL Regional Networks are held in Dublin, Midlands and Southern region (Cork)
Dates: 2020 regional meetings
Maldron Hotel, Pearse Street, Dublin 1. 26 February, 6 May, 14 October 2020
Tullamore Court Hotel, Tullamore, Co Offaly 3 March, 19 May, 20 October 2020
Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, Tivoli, Cork 11 March 2020
Northridge House, Education & Research Centre, Mahon, Cork 27 May 2020
Marymount Hospice Curraheen, Cork 4 November 2020
Presentations and speakers will focus on the following topics:
- End of life and palliative care
- Communication skills
- Quality improvement
- Intellectual disabilities
- Health and wellbeing in the workplace
- National and international examples of care
Structure of networks
- 3 regional meetings per year.
- 4 members of staff from each RCC can attend each meeting.
- Full day workshop – 7 hours.
- Each CEOL Regional Network accreditation up to 6 CEU NMBI.
- Annual membership: €500 per RCC/nursing home.
Watch a review of the CEOL programme
Here is a snapshot of how the CEOL review process work, taken from the longer training video created by the Irish Hospice Foundation.
For more information contact:
The CEOL Team in the Irish Hospice Foundation
T: 01 679 3188 E: firstname.lastname@example.org