CEOL Regional Networks are now moving to CEOL Virtual Networks. Our next will be held on Wednesday 14th October and Wednesday 25th November.
The CEOL Virtual Network held on the 17th September focused on Grief & Bereavement during Covid 19 – Supporting Nursing Home Staff. The webinar recording (below) will be available to view from the 22nd September to the 28th September.
This webinar covered the following topics:
• Intro to the IHF & the compassionate End of Life (CEOL) Programme
• Covid 19, Grief and the Nursing Home Context
• Understanding the grieving process
• Impact grief can have on staff
• Multiple Deaths and Traumatic Loss
• Importance of Self Care & Organisation Care
About the networks
The CEOL Regional Networks support nursing homes and RCCs to deliver compassionate, person-centred end-of-life care to residents, family members and staff through three regional meetings per year held in Dublin, the Midlands and the southern region.
Who can attend?
All and any member of staff are welcome to attend from health care assistants, nurses, physiotherapists, chaplaincy, occupational therapists, speech & language therapists to management, clerical staff, household and catering staff, activity coordinators, social workers and hairdressers.
The CEOL Regional Network meetings provide:
- On-going support and training for staff on end-of-life care.
- Opportunities to share good practices, learning and challenges around end-of-life care within and between RCCs.
- Updates to CEOL Network members on national and international developments around end-of-life care.
- Supports and fosters relationships with local and regional services providers such as specialist palliative care services, community service providers, acute hospitals etc.
- Opportunities for peer support through reflective learning and discussion with colleagues.
- Networking with colleagues, RCCs, nursing homes and guest speakers.
Due to the current pandemic and in line with social distancing guidelines the Regional CEOL Networks will now be available online for the remainder of 2020 as follows:
Thursday 17th September 2020 – 2.30pm-4pm
Wednesday 14th October 2020 – 2.30pm -4pm
Wednesday 25th November 2020 – 2.30pm – 4pm
Accredited 1.5 CEU Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland
Presentations and speakers will focus on the following topics:
- End of life and palliative care
- Communication skills
- Quality improvement
- Intellectual disabilities
- Health and wellbeing in the workplace
- National and international examples of care
Structure of networks
- 3 regional meetings per year.
- 4 members of staff from each RCC can attend each meeting.
- Full day workshop – 7 hours.
- Each CEOL Regional Network accreditation up to 6 CEU NMBI.
- Annual membership: €500 per RCC/nursing home.
Watch a review of the CEOL programme
Here is a snapshot of how the CEOL review process work, taken from the longer training video created by the Irish Hospice Foundation.
For more information contact:
The CEOL Team in the Irish Hospice Foundation
T: 01 679 3188 E: firstname.lastname@example.org