Guidance Documents for Healthcare Staff
As part of The Irish Hospice Foundation's Changing Minds programme, a suite of seven guidance documents were developed to support healthcare staff working with people with dementia from all care settings in addressing specific aspects of dementia palliative care.
Each guidance document is accompanied by a factsheet, all of which are available to download by clicking on the pictures below.
1. FACILITATING DISCUSSIONS ON FUTURE AND END-OF-LIFE CARE WITH A PERSON WITH DEMENTIA (PUBLISHED JUNE 2015)
2. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING AND ADVANCE HEALTHCARE DIRECTIVES WITH A PERSON WITH DEMENTIA (PUBLISHED JULY 2016)
3. LOSS AND GRIEF IN DEMENTIA (PUBLISHED JULY 2016)
4. MANAGEMENT OF HYDRATION AND NUTRITION (PUBLISHED AUGUST 2016)
5. PAIN ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT (PUBLISHED AUGUST 2016)
6. ETHICAL DECISION MAKING IN END-OF-LIFE CARE AND THE PERSON WITH DEMENTIA (PUBLISHED JULY 2016)
7. MEDICATION AND DEMENTIA PALLIATIVE ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT (PUBLISHED AUGUST 2016)