Hospice Friendly Hospitals Quality Improvement Awards 2020
Quality Improvement Awards 2020
The Irish Hospice Foundation is delighted to announce the launch of the Hospice Friendly Hospitals (HFH) Quality Improvement Awards for 2020.
What are the HFHQI Awards?
The Award is a financial support for HSE/Voluntary Acute Hospitals that are engaging with the HFH programme. The Awards will support the continual quality improvement approach to end-of-life care (EOLC) and help your hospital towards implementation of the Quality Standards for End-of-Life Care in Hospitals.
What is the purpose of the HFHQI Awards?
The HFHQI Awards have been developed to inspire acute hospital staff to come together in a cohesive and collaborative way to improve person-centred EOLC by encouraging them to:
- Look at current ways of working:
- What are we doing that we could do better?
- What would we like to accomplish?
- Explore innovative and creative ways to improve the way they work:
- How can we make the change?
- Use a robust Quality Improvement approach to make those changes:
- How would we know that a change is an improvement?
- Raise awareness of how Quality Improvement methods can be used to make EOLC better
- Shine a light on improved ways of providing person-centred EOLC
What types of projects will be considered for an Award?
The aim of the HFH Programme is to address the needs of all people dying in acute hospitals in Ireland, the needs of their family members and the needs of staff in order to ensure a consistent quality improvement approach to all aspects of end-of-life care. Projects will be considered for an Award that will result in any of the following:
- Improved experience of EOLC care for patients, family members and staff
- Enhanced EOLC planning for every person
- Continual development and support of staff to deliver excellent EOLC
Where does the money for the Awards come from?
This funding has been made possible as part of the Irish Hospice Foundations ongoing partnership with the HSE.
Is there a maximum amount available?
Yes. Awards are given up to a maximum value of €1000.
What if our project budget is over €1000?
If your project budget exceeds €1000, you may apply for an Award of €1000 but must indicate in the application the total budget required and supply information about how your hospital commits to meet the shortfall.
Is there a deadline for these Awards?
Yes. Applications must be submitted by 31st March 2020
Who can apply for an Award?
Anyone working within the hospital can apply for an Award. The application must be supported by the Chairperson of the Hospital End-of-Life Care Committee. Please ensure you make your hospital Senior Management Team including the lead person for Quality Improvement aware of the application.
How do I apply?
There are 2 ways to apply:
- Applications can be completed electronically using the Application Form which is included in the HFH QI Awards 2020 Application Pack here.
- You can provide all of the information required via a video blog, whiteboard presentation or other equally creative media
Please ensure you make your hospital Senior Management Team including the lead person for Quality Improvement and your EOLC Coordinator (if your hospital has one) aware of the application.
Then, contact email@example.com when you are ready to submit.
Hospice Friendly Hospitals is an initiative of The Irish Hospice Foundation and the Health Service Executive