There are 3 formats for the Think Ahead form
- You can download the form here and print yourself on your home printer free of charge
- You can download the form here, fill it in and save it on your computer
- Or you can order a hard copy and we will post it to your address. There is a small charge for this to cover print, postage and packaging.
Each section of Think Ahead tells you what you, and the people important to you, need to discuss and record. Take your time. You can complete a page at a time or complete it in one sitting. Remember, it’s completely up to you.
- Where would you like to be cared for if you’re no longer independent?
- Who do you trust to speak on your behalf to make sure your plan is followed?
- What is meaningful to you now and in the future, what you like to listen to, who would you like to talk with, your faith, and experiences that bring you joy and happiness?
- What treatments you would like and would not like to have? And the circumstances for those decisions?
- What you want at the end of your life?
- What would you like after you die?
- What are your plans for your funeral?
Use Think Ahead to:
- give the names and contact details of people important to you to contact in case of an emergency.
- record your wishes about care in the event of serious illness or death.
- talk about you – what is important to you, your likes, dislikes, hopes and fears.
- give a summary of your medical history, any medications you are receiving. This information is important to any healthcare workers that may take care of you – so it is useful to have it recorded in one place.
- document your top level legal information and financial affairs.
- give details of your wishes for care after death.
- write down what your funeral plans.
- decide and record if you want to donate organs or your body for research.
- list useful organisations that you think people will need to know.