What are the Local Bereavement Development Grants?
The grant is a once off award for a group of six or more organisations who provide some level of bereavement support and all operate within a geographical region e.g. county. The grant aims to encourage and support collaborative bereavement developments at a local or regional level. Existing networks and networks formed for the purpose of the grant are welcome to apply.
What types of projects will be considered for a Grant?
The aim of the LBD Grants are to enhance bereavement care provision through local collaboration among organisations providing bereavement care.
Projects will be considered for the Grant that will result in any of the following:
- Promote local bereavement organsiations to work together;
- Improve bereavement care provision to the general public (e.g. raise awareness, provide information, improve referral pathways etc.)
- Improve bereavement care provision to a at risk group for complex or prolonged grief
- Continual development and support of staff and volunteers to deliver excellent bereavement care at the various levels provision (see adult framework for bereavement care for more details on levels of service provision)
Who can apply for a Grant?
A group of organisations who provide some level of bereavement support to the public and operate in the same geographical region e.g. county or CHO area.
Eligibility criteria include:
- There must be a minimum of six organisations in the group
- All organisations must provide some level of bereavement support to adults and/or families (e.g. information, peer support, counselling etc).
- All organisations must operate within the geographical area that is the focus of this application
- At least 50% of the organisations in the group must be non-governmental organisations
- All organsiations must demonstrate transparent governance and NGOs must be registered with the Charity Regulator
How do I apply?
The application form is available to download below. Completed applications can be submitted via email to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 29th of October.
Please read our Local Bereavement Development Grant information pack for further details.