Since July 2018 we’ve supported parents coming to terms with child loss. Our Rosabel’s Room to Heal fund provides financial help for bereaved parents to cover costs incurred from a funeral, headstone and/or time off work. Parents can apply for funding of up to €2,000.
Rosabel’s Room to Heal – Application Criteria
- Rosabel’s Room to Heal is open to parents resident in the Republic of Ireland, whose son/daughter has died after 5th Jan 2016.
- We wish to support parents directly, so cannot process applications from other relatives or associates.
- The child must have been between the age of 0-21(inc) at the time of death.
- One application per deceased child will be accepted.
- We respectively ask that applications are made on the current form, as on this website (link here). Applications on the older versions of the form will be returned with a request to re-apply.
- Please post completed applications to Irish Hospice Foundation. We cannot acknowledge receipt of every application, but will be in touch with everyone once a decision has been reached on a case-by-case basis.
- Due to our limited resources, we may have to reduce or decline financial support to parents in receipt of significant funding through crowd-funding sites, where funds have been raised for the same reasons listed on an application to us.
- Unfortunately, we cannot support families coming to terms with loss due to miscarriage. For information on supports that may be available, please see here miscarriage.ie
Funding will come from the Rosabel’s Room-to-Heal fund, which is made up of voluntary donations and support for the Rosabel’s Rooms project.
Please post completed forms to Irish Hospice Foundation, Morrison Chambers (Floor 4), 32 Nassau Street, Dublin 2 accompanied by a signed letter from the family GP, medical social worker or other medical notary.
Application does not guarantee funding and we will consider every application carefully. Decisions for funding will be made through communication between IHF and the parents of Rosabel, as we work in collaboration for the Rosabel’s Rooms appeal. We will endeavour to respond to every request for financial help as promptly as possible. The fund remains open until December 31st 2023.
Please contact us on (01) 6793188 or [email protected] if you have any questions or need assistance with completing your application.
CHY 6830 – Registered Charity 20013554