The Rosabel’s Room to Talk fund is part of the Rosabel’s Room programme and is made possible thanks to voluntary donations and fundraising. It has been set up to provide access to counselling or psychotherapy for families who have experienced the death of a son or daughter. The scheme provides funding for 6 counselling/psychotherapy sessions per family at a maximum rate of €60 per session (if a therapist or service charges less than €60, then this lower rate is the one which will be used). Additional sessions (up to a maximum of 6) may be approved pending therapist’s review at 6 weeks (see relevant section below).
Applications will be accepted until 31st December 2023.
What are the criteria for this application?
- Applications are open to parents (or primary carers) resident in the Republic of Ireland, whose son or daughter has died since Jan 2016 (Rosabel’s birthday) and who was aged up to 21 inclusive at the time of their death (regardless of the cause of death).
- The sessions are for immediate family only – parent or primary carer, sibling or for family or couples therapy. However, all sessions must be conducted by the same accredited and insured counsellor or psychotherapist (or by the same counselling service). Any exceptions to this must be agreed with Irish Hospice Foundation (contact below).
- The focus of phase 1 will be immediate family only and for this phase, we cannot accept applications from other family members or associates of the child.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter of verification of the death of the child/young person from a doctor, social worker or medical professional.
- Payment is made on completion of sessions to the accredited counsellor or psychotherapist or to the Counselling service who have provided the sessions.
- Funding will come from Rosabel’s Rooms which is made up of voluntary donations and support for the Rosabel’s Rooms project.
- Due to our limited resources, we may have to reduce or decline financial support to parents in receipt of significant funding through crowd-funding sites, where funds have been raised for the same reasons listed on an application to us.
- Unfortunately, we cannot support families coming to terms with loss due to miscarriage. For information on supports that may be available, please see here miscarriage.ie.
How do I apply?
Please download, print and complete the Rosabel’s Room-To-Talk application form. If you have difficulty in printing the application form, please contact us and we will arrange to have a copy posted to you. Fill out all sections of the application form, and include a signed letter of verification from your doctor, social worker or other medical professional (see details below).
For further information on the fund please download our Frequently Asked Questions file
Please contact us on (01) 6793188 or [email protected] if you have any questions or need assistance with completing your application.
CHY 6830 – Registered Charity 20013554