This two hour workshop looks at the role that managers and human resource personnel can play in supporting staff and colleagues who are grieving during Covid-19. It focuses on the organisational as well as personal aspects of best practice grief support.
Cost: €600 (Max 12 people)
Duration: 2 hour online workshop (via Zoom)
Who is this suitable for?
This workshop is suitable for managers, human resource personnel and those who have a supportive role for staff in the organisation.
- What’s involved in the grieving process (time, normal reactions, etc)
- How grief impacts on employees (concentration/performance etc)
- Grief and organisational issues. Current research. Creating a supportive work environment.
- Staff wellbeing – how to support a bereaved employee.
- Self-care when working with people who are grieving.
At the end of this workshop participants will have:
- An understanding of how Covid-19 has impacted on staff who are grieving
- An understanding of what loss and grief are
- An understanding of the grieving process and how it affects people
- An understanding of current research and what creates an effective environment in the workplace for staff wellbeing around grief.
- Developed their own skills for effectively supporting someone who is grieving
- An understanding of their own support needs when working with people who are grieving
Enquiries: Email Breffni Mc Guinness or call (01) 6793188.