**Please Note: 2023/2024 applications are now closed. A new round will be announced in Spring 2024
The aim of our 2023/2024 scholarships of €3,000 each was to make education accessible to multiple disciplines (nursing, medicine, allied health professionals and others). The scholarships are linked to IHF core programmes and applicants from acute, nursing home and community health sectors and from general voluntary community/sector are invited to apply. Our 2023/2024 programme is now closed, but we will open the new round in Spring 2024.
- Applicants must be eligible to register (or already be registered) for a named and accredited Level 9 or 10 study programme in a relevant area during the current academic year.
- Applicants must be working or volunteering in support of adult or child end-of-life or bereavement care in one of the following settings:
- Acute settings
- Residential Care homes
- Community health care
- General voluntary/community
- Appropriate study leave must have been secured.
- Applicants must normally be resident in Ireland and eligible for EU fees.
- The course of study must be successfully completed in the year for which funding was awarded.
- Awardees will be asked to write or record a short account of their learning on successful completion of the study period.
- Any publications or conference outputs arising directly from the period of study should acknowledge IHF funding.
How to apply
Complete the online application form or download and complete the MS Word version of the application form. Email this together with a two-page professional CV to [email protected]
When completing the form
- Please ensure you name the postgraduate course you wish to study.
- Please take particular care to complete the open-ended questions as these will be used for selection.
Applicants will be assessed on the merits of their application with specific attention to relevance and potential to apply learning.
Closing date for applications: June 9th 2023
Successful applicants will be notified before the end of June 2023
**Please Note: 2023/2024 applications are now closed.
A new round will be announced in Spring 2024
Enquiries contact: Orla Keegan, Head of Education & Bereavement at [email protected]