. . . . . .
As a result of the recent IT disruption within the HSE we have extended the closing date for applications to Friday 27th August 2021. We hope that this will assist you in completing your application.
. . . . . .
Each year, we award Quality Improvement awards to Hospice Friendly Hospitals.
What are HFHQI Awards?
They are financial supports for HSE/Voluntary Acute Hospitals who are engaging with our HFH programme. They support the continual quality improvement approach to end-of-life care (EOLC) and help hospitals towards implementation of the Quality Standards for End-of-Life Care in Hospitals.
Apply for HFHQI Awards 2021
Download the information pack and application form
What is the purpose of the HFHQI Awards?
They have been developed to inspire acute hospital staff to come together in a cohesive and collaborative way to improve person-centred EOLC by encouraging them to:
- look at current ways of working:
- What are we doing that we could do better?
- What would we like to accomplish?
- explore innovative and creative ways to improve the way they work:
- How can we make the change?
- use a robust quality improvement approach to make those changes:
- How would we know that a change is an improvement?
- raise awareness of how quality improvement methods can be used to make EOLC better.
- shine a light on improved ways of providing person-centred EOLC.
The video below features some past projects that have been supported by a HFHQI award.