The arts and creative engagement in all their forms help people of all ages explore and articulate loss, death, dying and grief. They always have.
We explore and collaborate with artists and cultural organisations guided by The People’s Charter on Death Dying and Bereavement and our Policy on Arts and Creative Engagement.
For more details, please contact our Arts and Creative Engagement Officer, Dominic Campbell, [email protected]
Our Arts and Creative Engagement Policy
- our expertise is most useful when in partnership with cultural institutions.
- there are many areas where the arts can help lead conversations about death and grief.
Read our Policy on Arts and Creative Engagement now.
Our previous work with artists and cultural institutions includes:
- Craft: The Bereavement Pin with designer Alan Ardiff
- Design: The End-of-Life Symbol developed from the ancient carvings of Newgrange
- Architecture: Our Design and Dignity project is supporting new thinking about the architecture of places we receive end-of-life and bereavement care
- Mixed media: Seeds grants projects 2021
- Music and Literature: Peter and The Wolf, Sergei Prokofiev’s classic re-worked by Gavin Friday, the Friday-Seezer Ensemble and illustrated by Bono