Our advocacy priorities include a particular focus on further improvements in:
- palliative and end-of-life care, including a whole-of-government strategy on end-of-life care and refreshed national palliative care policy.
- national reflections on dying death and bereavement post COVID-19.
- the development of comprehensive bereavement responses for adults and children.
- campaigning for the development of improvement in end-of-life and palliative care in nursing homes.
- campaigning for more supports to enable people facing end of life to remain and to die at home.
- equity of access to end-of-life and bereavement services.
- support for planning ahead for end of life.
- campaigning for a national mortuaries programme .
We also are campaigning for:
- an informed and inclusive debate on the issues of assisted dying.
- investment in children’s palliative care.
Our work is underpinned by our research programme. To read more about our research reports and projects, please visit our research page.