Resources on Advance Healthcare Directives
RESOURCES FOR THE PUBLIC
Where can I find more information?
- The Think Ahead programme offers a Think Ahead form which includes an advance health directive that is compliant with the legislation. (Order your form here)
- Citizen Information Board: Click here for an article on the Act and its provisions.
- Support and Advocacy Service for Older People (SAGE) Guide to the Act
- Support and Advocacy Service for Older People (SAGE) FAQ on enduring power of attorney
- Support and Advocacy Service for Older People (SAGE) briefing paper on empowerment
- For information from Inclusion Ireland on capacity, click here.
- Law Reform Commission Report: Vulnerable Adults and the Law (2006)
- Law Reform Commission Report on Bioethics Advance Care Directives (2009)
RESOURCES FOR PROFESSIONALS
Additional resources for health and social care professionals
- Irish Hospice Foundation Perspectives Series 4: A perspective on advance planning for end of life An exploration of contemporary developments concerning the concept and practice of Advance Planning, Advance Care Planning and Advance Healthcare Directives (2016).
- Guidance Document ‘Advance care planning and advance healthcare directives with a person with dementia’
- Irish Hospice Foundation Dementia video clips outline Kathy Ryan’s journey with dementia (2016)
- The Guide to Professional Conduct and Ethics for Registered Practitioners 8th Edition 2016
- The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics for Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (2014)
- National Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland (2016)
- Supporting people’s autonomy: a guidance document (2016)
- All Ireland Institute of Hospice and Palliative Care Learning Platform has programmes for professionals on palliative care, formal family meetings, palliative dementia care and advance care planning among others (2016)