Do you work with bereaved? In 2018, the Irish Hospice Foundation will once again host a series of Workshops on Loss and Bereavement. These are for professionals and volunteers who are working with those who have experienced a major loss. Booking is essential. For the full list of workshops and booking details, click here
Posts Tagged ‘Grief’
Living with loss
November is traditionally a month for remembrance. As part of our bereavement support function at the Irish Hospice Foundation we will host a bereavement public information evening ‘Living with Loss’ on Thursday November 1st in the Alexander Hotel, Fenian st from 5.30 until 8.30.
This 'drop in' evening will feature;
- Professor Tom Inglis reading from his new book written after the death of his wife Aileen
- Video presentations and general information on bereavement
- An address by Dr Tony Bates at 6.30 on the theme of 'Living with loss'
This event aims to provide information about grief and the range of supports available to bereaved people. There will be an opportunity to talk to voluntary bereavement support services about the supports they provide.
Bereavement Support Services represented include;
- A Little Lifetime Foundation
- Anam Cara Parental & Sibling Bereavement Support
- Barnardos Bereavement Counselling for Children
- Bereavement Counselling Service
- Bethany Bereavement Support Group
- Health Service Executive
- Living Links
- Rainbows Ireland
- Turas le Cheile Bereavement Support
- Turning Point
This is a free public event and booking is not neccessary, If you have queries or would like further information please contact; Iris Murray, Irish Hospice Foundation, Morrison Chambers, 4th Floor, 32 Nassau Street, Dublin 2 Tel: 01 679 3188 Fax: 01 673 0040