VACANCY – Fundraising Direct Marketing Executive (Maternity Cover)
The Irish Hospice Foundation is a national Irish charity striving for best care at end of life for all. Established in 1986 to fund specific hospice services, our work has expanded to include all matters of dying, death and bereavement. Fundamental to all of our work is the belief that each of us has the right to die with respect and dignity. Our programmes bring hospice care and principles to people where they are – in their local communities, their local hospital, residential home or family home.
We are now recruiting a Direct Marketing Executive, for a minimum of six month contract, to cover maternity leave.
Direct marketing is a key area of fundraising for IHF. The main purpose of this role is to manage a variety of direct marketing campaigns (with a focus on direct mail) in order to maintain and grow our income from individuals. The Direct Marketing Executive will help shape and roll out our direct marketing strategy to increase revenue year on year.
The Direct Marketing Executive will work closely with our Communications Officer and Director of Fundraising and report to the Individual Giving (IG) Manager to reach agreed targets.
- Drive the direct marketing plan taking on specific income generating projects
- Manage activity for the recruitment of new and retention of existing donors
- Manage third party suppliers (printers, designers etc.) to ensure projects are rolled out on time and within budget
- Manage the acknowledgement process ensuring our fundraising database is kept accurate at all times
- Generate results (response rates, average gift, ROI etc.) and an end of campaign review with recommendations to maximise the income of future campaigns
Data Segmentation and Targeting
- Manage the donor database and be proficient in all areas of CRM System.
- Work closely with the IG Manager and Data Analyst to target individuals appropriately and manage selections according to campaign
- Work with the IG Manager and Data Analyst on the production of data selections
- Assist with the upkeep of the Individual Giving section of our website
- Assist with email communications to individual giving donors
- Work with our Communications Officer on online advertisements and social media communications
- Report key findings to IG Manager and Director of Fundraising and make regular improvements based on results
- Assist in the roll out of our legacy plan with the IG Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks within the scope of the role as agreed with your line manager
- Act in the best interests of IHF at all times and in accordance with our mission and vision
- Promote a positive team culture
- Become proficient in IHF’s CRM system
- Keep up to date on developments in direct and digital marketing
- Be knowledgeable of current Data Protection legislation
- Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Third level qualification and/or 2 years’ experience in a marketing position is desirable
- Ability to work to set targets and deadlines
- Skills in using CRM systems are required, ideally with Raisers Edge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative
This is initially a six-month position with the possibility of extension. Although this is a full time position we will consider flexible arrangements.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date 6th January 2020.
Salary details are available on application and will be commensurate with experience.