Job Title: Digital Content Officer (Part-time)
Responsible to: CEO, the Irish Hospice Foundation
Reporting to: Head of Department/Communications Officer
The Digital Content Officer is a brand new post to shape and drive forward the Irish Hospice Foundation’s (IHF) digital presence, in particular, the IHF website and Social Media (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram). Following significant growth over the past two years, this will be an important role with responsibility for proactively developing creative content weekly and presenting it an engaging way across the IHF’s existing and future digital channels.
Working closely with the Head of Department/Communications Officer and all departments across the organisation, the Digital Content Officer will have expertise and passion for creating engaging digital content (including graphic design & video) to increase awareness of our work amongst our ever-increasing digital audiences.
They will also manage the organisation’s Social Content Calendar, including regularly reviewing and reporting on analytics and building relationships with the public to support their understanding of death, dying and bereavement in Ireland and also encouraging them to donate.
The role will be based at our offices on Nassau Street, Dublin 2.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Produce and upload high quality copy and content weekly to the IHF website and Social Media platforms, working closely with the Communications Officer
- Use the IHF’s Content Management System to edit and create web pages, and work with different departments to develop and refine web pages
- Assist in collating final content for forthcoming IHF website
- Drive the IHF’s digital content planning and co-ordination processes across all digital channels, including reviewing and updating current IHF Social Policy, developing an IHF Twitter Chat Guide, etc
- Develop and update the Weekly Social Content Calendar to ensure copy and content is engaging and easy to find, working with designated department Digital Champions.
- Work closely with the Communications Officer to ensure video and photography content is developed, used and effectively optimised
- Evaluate the use of content and digital channels using data to drive digital impact and reach on a regular basis
- Ensure digital copy is written and edited to the IHF Social Media Policy and Key Messaging Document
- Deliver guidance on digital content to colleagues across the organisation
- Other duties as might reasonably be required by the Irish Hospice Foundation
Skills & expertise
- 2-3 years digital experience required, working in a team-based environment
- 3rd level Digital Marketing Qualification
- Strong experience in WordPress (at least 2 years’ experience)
- Demonstrable experience managing and updating websites and Social Media Platforms including PPC campaigns (must have experience with Facebook Ads Manager)
- Video, photography and graphic design experience (essential)
- Proven experience in growing digital channels
- Excellent website development skills to help build forms, worksheets etc;
- Setting up and optimising SEO and Google Analytics
- Strong writing and editing skills plus the ability to work to deadlines
- Strong communication, relationship management and support skills
- A highly-motivated and enthusiastic individual
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
Available on application
This is initially a six-month position with the possibility of extension. To apply, please send your CV (maximum of 2 pages) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries about the post, please email Rebecca Kelly Communications Officer email@example.com
Friday 6 December 2019, 5pm