Vacancy: Fundraising Executive (Events)
POSITION: Fundraising Executive (Events)
LOCATION: Morrison Chambers, Nassau Street, Dublin 2
REPORTS TO: Fundraising Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
The Irish Hospice Foundation (IHF) is proud of its successful and varied fundraising events programme. We now seek a new member of our fundraising team to look after community fundraising activity and support other IHF fundraising events as required. This role will also include overseeing funds raised through our retail products.
- Responsibility for IHF Community Fundraising by providing excellent donor care and support to all community fundraisers/ event participants.
- Work within set targets and budgets
- Attend cheque presentations and supporter led events in the community as required.
- Working closely to support the activities of the IHF Voluntary Special Events Group
- Support Fundraising Manager with organisation of annual Cycle and Camino Challenge
- Maintain accurate records of supporter relationships and financial information relating to events
- Liaise with IHF communications to ensure timely and effective PR of events as necessary.
- Deal with queries relating to IHF retail products and fulfil orders made through our online shop.
- Seek new fundraising event and retail opportunities.
- Work across departments to maximise effectiveness of campaigns
- Other duties as might reasonably be required by the IHF
Personal Experience, Skills & Qualities
- Relevant experience and a proven track record of working to targets ideally through events fundraising
- Excellent organisational skills and precise attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent communicator with energy, drive and people skills to build long-term relationships
- Ability to give occasional presentations/ speeches to potential and existing supporters
- Creative, enthusiastic with a proactive approach to all areas of work.
- Ability to work well as part of a busy fundraising team.
- Flexibility and willingness to work out-of-hours at events, meetings, functions to represent the IHF.
- Excellent administration and computer skills.
- Ideally working knowledge of Raisers Edge.
- An understanding of the work of The Irish Hospice Foundation.
This is a full time, permanent role and will be based at The Irish Hospice Foundation office on Nassau Street, Dublin 2. Salary details available on application.
If successful, you will be asked to provide 2 valid references (one to be from last employer).
Please forward your CV with a detailed covering letter, explaining how you feel you fit the role. This can sent by email to: email@example.com or by post to: Louise McCarron, Fundraising Manager, The Irish Hospice Foundation, Morrison Chambers, 32 Nassau Street, Dublin 2
Please mark your application “Confidential, Fundraising Executive”
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday 24 February 2020