Reporting to the CEO, the role of the HR Manager, is to provide a full HR operations service to the organisation while also playing a role in the successful implementation of our wider HR strategy. This role will suit an experienced HR Manager/Senior Generalist, used to working off your own initiative in a best practice environment.
Requirements & Competencies
- HR Degree along with CIPD Qualification highly desirable
- 5+ years’ HR experience with minimum 2 at HR Manager or Senior HRBP/Generalist level
- Strong experience in HR operations, employee relations management and employment law
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and administration experience
- Competent in MS Office
- Some experience of project management and implementation and management of HRM systems desirable
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Hands-on, flexible, positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of developing and writing policies & procedures
- Support managers and colleagues on operational HR and employee relations matters by providing a professional , accurate advice and guidance.
- Understand the business goals; build strong partnerships with managers and support their departments and growth plans.
- Provide guidance on employment policies and staff handbook, ensuring they are kept up to date and legally compliant.
- Management of HR casework including disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, probation, retirement, absence management etc.
- Provide organisation development and change management support to the CEO and Senior Management Team
- Provide guidance on talent management; L&D; and succession planning.
- Coordinate staff training programmes
- Support managers with staff management and on all employee relations issues
- Manage performance review system
- Undertake proactive HR initiatives that deliver value to the business
- Ensure a comprehensive resourcing approach which promotes IHF brand and ensures a positive recruitment and onboarding experience for candidates
- Ensure all HR administration is kept up to date on relevant systems
- Company benefits administration
- Promote communications and company values to staff
- Responsible for health & safety matters and employee wellbeing programs
- Develop HR database and ensure information is up to date and data cleanse is conducted annually
- 10% employer’s contribution to a company contributory pension scheme (subject to a 5% employee contribution)
- Annual leave of 23 days (based on 5 day week; will be pro-rated for part-time)
- Closure of the office on Good Friday, half day Christmas Eve and time between Christmas and New Year in addition to annual leave entitlement
- Life Assurance and Death in Service benefit
- Further Education & Training support
- Travel supports (bike-to-work schemes/tax saver commuter tickets)
- The salary will be commensurate with experience and is available on application
- Office base is at Irish Hospice Foundation, Nassau St, Dublin 2
- This is a permanent, part-time (2-3 days per week) post with a six-month probation period
- Please forward your current CV (maximum 2 pages) with a covering letter to [email protected] by close of business on Friday 26th February 2021.