Posts Tagged ‘AdvanceCarePlanning’
Wendy plans for end-of-life with Think AheadWendy Coughlan from Greystones, who has terminal cancer, discusses how she has used the Think Ahead Form. Wendy has used Think Ahead to plan for her end-of-life care with her family. In this video, she and her daughter, Helen, speak openly and passionately about how Think Ahead has helped the entire family on this journey.
Think Ahead - One Family's StoryClick here to listen to Wendy and Helen on The John Murray Show on RTE Radio 1.
Questions and answers on Advance Healthcare DirectivesThis briefing paper answers some of the questions people may have about the Assisted Decision-Making (Capacity) bill and the issue of Advance Care Directives.
"This act provides a legislative policy framework which supports our work to enable people think about what they want for themselves at end of life, primarily through the Think Ahead programme."-- Sharon Foley, CEO of the Irish Hospice Foundation. Advance Healthcare Directives Briefing Paper January 2016
The Department of Health has published a draft general scheme for Advance Healthcare Directives which will be included in the Assisted Decision-Making (Capacity) Bill 2013.
This means that the government proposes to introduce legislation to enable an adult with capacity to make a legally binding Advance Healthcare Directive and refuse any form of treatment up to and including life-sustaining treatment.
What Can I Do?
1. You can learn more about Advance Healthcare Directives here >>>
2. See the photographs from our Public Meeting on Advance Healthcare Directives that took place on Thursday, February 27 below:
3. Listen to some of the speakers at our Public Meeting
- Chief Bioethics Officer with the Department of Health, Dr Siobhán O'Sullivan
- The views of those who attended the meeting